DoubleThink!

Pissed off rantings from a middle class adolescent.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The following groups can die, please.

So, today, in the age of social grouping labels, I have picked out the following groups that piss me off the most. Pointless? Yes. Cause by boredom? Yes. Bush? No.

  • Straight Edgers - The whole straight edge "lifestyle" is basically summed up by "Republican punks." Now, I admit that it's a healthy and clean lifestyle, but the whole "don't take risks" thing is foolish and most (MOST!) of them are arrogant assholes. I do have a few straight edge friends, and they are totally accepting and don't force their lifestyle on people. BUT, the majority that I have met, are all to quick to throw themselves at you and if they know you do drugs, drink, have sex, enjoy yourself, they will instantly hate you and begin to rant on you. Seriously kids, get your own ideas.
  • PUNX3RS! - There's nothing worse than some stupid 13 year old girl wearing Green Day shirts, Chuck Taylors, and jeans she cut open with a knife. Posers breed at my school, listening to their rebellious MTV punk music and doing punk things like supporting Bush and buying into anything. Er... sorry, I got confused there. The thing is, these bastards like to pretend they know something about punk rock, but you so much as utter the MC5 or the ? and the Mysterions and they stare blankly at you. I have also noticed the habit of supporting Bush, which is the most unpunk thing you can do. Seriously, if you support Bush, then you're a fucking redneck, not a "punk" as you call it. Last, these people don't even understand that punk is about tolerance and equality.
  • The Rockers - I noticed this fad around my ex-girlfriends friends. They have all taken to calling themselves "rockers" and they talk about playing guitar/bass/drums/singing and wearing ACDC shirts. First, none of them actually get past the E chord on Guitar, and second, ACDC is horrible.

I hate you all.

4 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger k. edward warmoth said...

Oops, you caught me Jessica. I walk around all day in Green Day tee shirts and talk about how much I love President Bush.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Only $19.95 said...

"...Last, these people don't even understand that punk is about tolerance and equality."

Oh man. I haven't had that good of a laugh in days.

All that tolerance in that beautiful, peaceful rant of absolute hatred.

Punk is anarchy. Punk is NOT equality, it's a big middle finger. Oh, and just so you know, EVERYONE is a poser. Everyone. Put it up there with death and taxes.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minor Threat was a good band. They didn't force their lifestyle on anyone, they just said you didn't have to do anything just because it's "in". Which is fine. Alcohol I'm fine with, but I hate drugs. Too many people ODing or killing themselves because of heroin, you know.

I liked early AC/DC but in the 80s they just joined the troupe of radio rock and went way downhill.

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you are right that punk should be about tolerance. People who go on and on about NRkey!!1 just don't seem to realize that the Sex Pistols' "Anarchy in the UK" was a nihilistic prank of a song made deliberately to push buttons not a call to arms for an "anarchist" movement. Not enough people took God Save the Queen seriously, unfortunately. The middle finger is directed at the people who hold you back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home