DoubleThink!

Pissed off rantings from a middle class adolescent.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Life Sentence

I was reading some news articles on CNN.com when I came across this article about the 'serious flaws' in the death penalty. I can't agree more. I'm not so much talking about the article here, I'm talking more about how wrong the death penalty is.

First off, does anyone understand the concept of it? Here's what I get out of it: someone commits a horrible act of murder (or something of that nature) and so we shall them by killing them. What? First off, they are condemning the killing by commiting another (that's called hypocrisy, boys and girls) and they are also basically giving the convicted a free ride out. What's more of a punishment: rotting in a filthy jail or moving on to a new/better life (don't give me any crap about them going to "Hell" or anything. I believe in reincarnation)?

"Stevens said DNA evidence has shown 'that a substantial number of death sentences have been imposed erroneously. It indicates that there must be serious flaws in our administration of criminal justice,'"

Magical. Our system not only encourages killing, it also kills some people on accident. Oh well, it looks like that our system will always have these atrocities going on, as long as a Republican is in charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home