DoubleThink!

Pissed off rantings from a middle class adolescent.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Kick Out the Jams

Holy shit! I'm so awesome/godly that I decided to make you a list of the best CD's ever. Keep in mind though, this isn't a list of my opinions, its a list of facts. So don't bitch.

  • "In Utero" by Nirvana. Perhaps the greatest CD ever, its the true Nirvana album. It has it all. Pop hooks, screeching guitars, primal drums, deep bass, and rough vocals. It's simply a CD that can be listened to over and over.
  • "Sister" by Sonic Youth. It was hard to pick my favorite Sonic Youth CD, but this was my first and my favorite. Hey, I even named my song off of track 4: "Stereo Sanctity."
  • "Get Behind Me Satan" by the White Stripes. The White Stripes have several great CDs, but this one is magnificent. It made me realize how much the piano rocks. Jack managed to get rid of that "slow song" stereotype, and bring the piano back as a badass rock machine. "My Doorbell" and "The Denial Twist" are by far the best tracks.
  • "Wave of Mutilation" by the Pixies. The Pixies are easily the best live band. Ever. I got the privilege to see them a few months ago, and it was incredible. This CD is their greatest hits, and my favorite, just because it has a lot of my favorites. Unfortuneatly, it's missing a few good songs. "Tony's Theme" and "River Euphrates" mainly.
  • "Add It Up" by the Violent Femmes. Another greatest hits compilation, the Violent Femmes are one of the most creative bands that put material out. I demand that you buy this. Now.
  • "Live Through This" by Hole. While intolerable at times, Courtney Love's voice is a ray of bitter sunshine on Hole's sophmore album. Even though most of the songs were written by Kurt, it's still a very emotional, angsty look at one of the 90's best bands.
  • "Gorillaz" by the Gorillaz. Popularized by "Clint Eastwood," the Gorillaz debut is a wonderful, techno-ish, alternative-ish adventure. Add this one to your shopping list, because I have no qualm eating you if you don't buy it.
  • "Fun House" by the Stooges. The Stooges were godfathers in the punk scene and very unique for their time. Iggy Pop is one of the greatest frontmen ever. He's wild, psychotic, and sexy all in one. While not as raw as their self-titled debut, this album still contains greats like "Dirt," "TV Eye," and "LA Blues."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home