DoubleThink!

Pissed off rantings from a middle class adolescent.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Constitution Burning

Bi-lingual ballots is only one thing that is sure to be a controversy with the next elections. Along with this, comes the sacred issue of free speech and protest: flag burning.

First, why is this an issue? It clearly says in the 1st Amendment that we have freedom of speech along with the right to protest. If I feel my country is running a murderous regime in other nations (never!), then I should and will have the right to burn a flag in protest.

Republicans constantly come out against flag burning because it's disgracing our freedoms and those who died for them. So, apparently, we're supposed to honor the freedom they died for by not using it? Mikhail Bakunin, the great anarchist philosopher once said "Restricting freedom for the sole purpose of protecting freedom is a dangerous idea."

Flag burning = freedom of speech. Don't like it? Counter protest. This is America, you fascists.

8 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Nicholas said...

Thank you Kai for your kind words of solidarity. I have not figured out links on my template yet, unfortunately. I look forward to future debates since we come from different left orientations, and I used to consider myself an anarchist.
YFTR as the wobblies used to say!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Nicholas said...

Thaks for your comment on Kronstadt. I left you a longer response. I'm about twice you age and still feel as if I know very little. Keep your mind open, as I see it is. Only the best of luck to you!

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

I found this blog surfing.

Hillary Clinton would support a law against flag burning, not a constitutional amendment. Not only Republicans, are taking our rights.

every year for decades, the flag burning stuff comes around, at election time.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When our nation was created by brilliant, free-thinking rebels that fought for their freedom, I also find it appalling that the facist pigs now running our government continually strip our constitutional rights written and full heartedly supported by these people yet celebrate their actions every 4th of July. Is it just me or does that seem a bit contradictory? Kudos, you're writing and enthusiasm is SUPERB.

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger k. edward warmoth said...

Or I could just use the current meaning of the word?

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger k. edward warmoth said...

Not by modern standards.

But I forgot that I'm talking to someone who sees the "liberal enemy" in America.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger k. edward warmoth said...

STALIN WAS NOT A COMMUNIST.
Jesus Christ, read that a few times over.

Yes, he claimed to be a communist, but if I stand out in the street and preach turning the other cheek, caring for the poor and anti-death penatly jargon, the Christian right won't claim me, no matter how much of a Jesus freak I claim to be.

From what I've understood and read, Fascism is a dictatorship rules government or aristocracy. Communism is a self-governed, worker's society. Seems different...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home