DoubleThink!

Pissed off rantings from a middle class adolescent.

Friday, November 24, 2006

White's Only Scholarship?

It may be racist or a tool of inequality, but in lieu of my family's economic/financial standpoint, I, as a white, lower-middle class male, need all the help I can get to get into college. So while I will surely get bombarded with people telling me that this is racist, I'm tempted to say "I don't care," and just pray for something like this to come to Indiana University.

It's not that I'm supporting racism, I'm just supporting ways for less-priveleged students to get into college, black, white or whatever.

4 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Middle-Class Anxiety said...

My daughter is in her 3rd year of college and we are lower middle class and we got 800.00 from the gov't for ther 1st year and not a penny since then. Oh, they love to give us those Unsubsidized student loans which is how I got thru college and am still paying back many years later and now they are putting my daughter in the same boat! She has to work full time, and go to school but her friends that are not white (anything but white) are partying, have no bills to pay and are living on campus! So now my beautiful young girl who loves all races, creeds and colors is angry.
AND IT"S NOT HER FAULT

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger k. edward warmoth said...

Thank you for the input!

I'm an anti-racist by any means. I am against giving priveleges to one race over another and I'm an enemy to any Klansmen, Neo-Nazi, or Zionist. By that definition, I don't think that having a whites-only scholarship is racist. Is it unessacary? It should be, but it's not.

If all scholarships became open to anyone, then I'd be against a white-only scholarship, but until then, political correctness can go out the door until I get money to pay for college.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is it called white's only scolarship why does it only apply to white people me as an indian does not agree with it

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I hear you. What I love is you have all these other race based funds but the moment someone says "white's only" someone has a hissy fit calling it racist? How is it racist when whites are the only one's not allowed to have a white's only fund?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home